Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Today's Devotional brought to you by prayer warrior Michelle Simpson

Micah 6:8

The Message (MSG)
8But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do,
what God is looking for in men and women.
It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,
be compassionate and loyal in your love,
And don't take yourself too seriously—
take God seriously.

What great advice!! Most of us go through life taking ourselves too seriously. We beat ourselves up for every mistake we make. God remembers we are dust. He just wants us to trust Him and live according to the instructions He has left for us. He wants us to treat each other like we want to be treated, to forgive each other the way we want Him to us and to love others like He loves us. So next time you make a mistake or have a task to do, do not become anxious, take it to the LORD in prayer. Trust Him, take Him seriously and allow Him to work through you, It is in our weakness that He is glorified and others are encouraged!

Father, Healer, my Rock and my Strength, You alone are perfect. I know I will make mistakes. Help me to trust You and laugh at myself. Help me to love like You love, to forgive like You forgive, and to be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make my requests known to You, for You hear and answer my every prayer! In Jesus name, amen.

No comments: