Monday, April 23, 2012

Today's Devotional Brought to you by Prayer Warrior Michelle Simpson

Psalm 63:1
New King James Version (NKJV)
Joy in the Fellowship of God
A Psalm of David when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
63 O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.

Psalm 42:1 (NKJV)
1 As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.

Psalm 19:9-10

New King James Version (NKJV)
9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold,
Yea, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Here in the Rockies spring has finally arrived! Well at least for today! The birds are singing, the grass is springing up and flowers and trees are budding. It is hard not to be joyful with all of nature shouting praises to God! Yet there are some who are struggling with the storms living on planet earth brings. It may be a death (of a relationship or a loved one), an incurable or life threatening illness, a life altering accident, financial crisis, or a feeling of isolation or abandonment. One of the things I love about the Bible is no matter where you are or what you are going through you can find similar circumstance in the pages of God's Word! David knew what it was to feel isolated, abandoned and afraid for his life. He had been anointed as king of Israel while the reigning king still sat on the throne. King Saul was not ready to give up the throne, so he declared David public enemy number one! Although David did not know what he had done to deserve what he was receiving (I Samuel 24:9-10 and 26:18) he knew where his joy came from and Who could restore his aching heart. Beloved, are you felling as if there is no hope, that you may never laugh or sing again? Seek the One Who desires a relationship with You! Don't let the enemy of your soul try to convince you that God does not desire to spend time with you! John  3:16 says "whosoever" and that means you! Let the One Who created you hide you under the shelter of His wings, attend to your broken heart, refresh you with living water, and feed you from His Word! What He did for David He longs to do for you!!

Father, You are a Strong Tower, a Mighty Fortress, My enemies cannot stand against You! Hide my under the shelter of Your wings, restore my soul. You know this struggle that I am going through and I need Your strength! Provide time for me to meet with You and help me to keep my daily appointment with You! My soul longs for You! I love You LORD! Thank You that Your mercies are new every morning! In Jesus name, amen.





No comments: