Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The Bolt EV and Cryoglobulinemia





Enjoying life with a Bolt!

After test driving the Bolt EV, LT and Premier models, I highly recommend this for those who have health challenges. There are several important reasons I recommend this amazing all-electric vehicle. 

It's cute and fun to drive zipping effortlessly through the mountains of Colorado with instant regeneration showing up on the screen. It can actually teach more economical driving skills. I hope to use it in teaching our teenagers how to drive. The Bolt EV gives Tesla a run for its money.  We (my children and I) test drove the Tesla Model X. The base sticker price was a shock and didn't even include the heated steering wheel. The Bolt cabin has a 10.2-inch touchscreen and a driver-facing 8.0-inch digital gauge cluster. Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and 4G LTE Wi-Fi are available to enhance your driving experience.

With an approximate 238-mile driving range it is more than enough for my daily driving. The Bolt also puts me more at ease with this new technology by showing three range numbers in its digital instrument panel: a maximum, a minimum, and a more prominent best estimate based on your driving style and accessory usage (headlights, audio, climate control).

The fear of running out of juice unexpectedly is very serious for those of us who suffer from cryoglobulinemia and related health issues. This leads to concerns about recharging during journeys that exceed the battery’s single-charge range. Careful planning is a must if going out of range. With the help of the "My Chevy" app on your phone, you can see all charging options so you can make a safe plan. With the Bolt’s impressive reach, after a typical day, most will only need to plug in overnight. Those who venture farther will need to map out the route carefully while the process of building infrastructure is underway.

Nothing is ever going to be perfect in this world but the Bolt shines for me in several areas. First, the heated steering wheel. Second, the heated seats. Third, never standing in the cold to get gas again is a life-saver. That's not to discount the need to charge but for around town, if I plug in at night, I can always have a full tank waiting for me in the morning. THAT IS PRICELESS. Fourth, no more oil changes and the Bolt comes with a 2-year maintenance program for rotating tires and checking fluids. How easy is that! This all-electric car will help cryoglobulinemics and those with circulation and other related health issues more safely participate in life.


I stay in bed much for safety because preventing flare-ups is paramount with this blood disorder but if I get the Bolt, I'm thinking of all kinds of adventures I might try to enjoy. Living like there is no tomorrow and loving like I'm on borrowed time is what I do. With 6 adopted children, 3 rescued dogs, my husband Paul, friends who are family to me and an international ministry that helps hurting people and animals... I try to make every moment count. And I don't want to miss a moment because of my disabling condition.

The premier would be the first choice.  Because of my distracting intense physical pain, and neuropathy, the driving assistance makes real sense. The 360-degree camera offers incredible security that you can see your surroundings. A fantastic feature! But if the basics are all you can afford the Bolt will still offer much fun and support for adventures! Jump out of your warm bed into a warm car that allows your legs to hang less which adds a huge benefit to those with circulation issues.

In all, if you are looking to buy a car, check out the Chevy Bolt, EV. It will put a big smile on your face and encourage you to get out more and enjoy life. Call my friends at Mountain Chevrolet in Glenwood, Colorado. They can help you accomplish this dream. Ask for Jeremy at 970-928-9777.


Author: Dr. Diane Dike gets no benefit from promoting or endorsing this vehicle. The sole purpose of this message is to share important news with patients, caregivers, and medical professionals so people with health challenges or circulation issues can find ways to more safely participate in life.
Dr. Diane Dike lives in the mountains of Colorado with her rescued and specifically trained service dog, Gracie, who is 14 1/2 years old. Because of her dedicated service, Diane hasn't been hospitalized overnight for over 14 years. 
Diane has fostered over 15 children and adopted 6 special needs children. She travels when possible to encourage the medically and emotionally challenged, veterans, orphans and works daily to make the world a better place through written and spoken word. To learn more, purchase her books, Gracie Babies (all proceeds go to SCwSG nonprofit)
or schedule them for your event go to: DianeDike.org 



No comments: