Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Today's Devotional brought to you by prayer warrior Michelle Simpson

Proverbs 26:13-15

New King James Version (NKJV)
13 The lazy man says, “There is a lion in the road!
A fierce lion is in the streets!”
14 As a door turns on its hinges,
So does the lazy man on his bed.
15 The lazy man buries his hand in the bowl;[a]
It wearies him to bring it back to his mouth.

Footnotes:
  1. Proverbs 26:15 Compare 19:24

    Proverbs 19:24

    New King James Version (NKJV)
    24 A lazy man buries his hand in the bowl,
          And will not so much as bring it to his mouth again.

I love how God uses every day things to teach us, correct us and convict us! I have a very dear friend who has become my accountability buddy and co-writer on a project. I love her dearly! We have a grand time laughing about various things. Recently she used this scripture for the portion of the material she was working on. After I read it I sent her this message "I wish I was lazy! Just think how thin I would be!" We both laughed about it, but God didn't laugh!

The next morning as I sat in my prayer room spending time with Him, He reminded me of my flippent comment from the night before. Then I heard Him say, "You are lazy. America is lazy!" Before I could question what He meant He brought to mind all of the "food" I had in my "bowl". He reimded me that I own no less than 10 Bibles and I have access to at least two at all times. I keep one in my car, one in my purse, one at work and I have my favorite study Bible that goeas with me everywhere. I have a Comparative Study Bible, a Hebrew/Greek/English Bible, an Appologetics Bible and a Daily Devotional Bible. God has also blessed me with several wonderful study tools; a Strong's Concordance, A Vine's Dictionary, an Illustrated Dictionary, five volumes of the History of the Jewish People, two books describing the Jewish feasts and the importance of them, a 54 volume New Testament Commentary just to name a few. What afeast He has provided for my soul!! Yet there are days I am a sluggard. My hand is in the bowl, so to speak, with all of this sorrounding me yet there are days I don't lift it out of the bowl. I become distracted with the busyness of the day and don't stop to spend time feasting on His word.

How about you? How many Bibles do you own? What has God provided for you to feast on? It has been estimated that there are four Bibles in every American household. That is not true in every country. Many don't have access to a Bible. Souls are starving all over the world and we have a feast before us that we take for granted! When was the last time you opened the Word and feasted until you were full to over flowing? Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all had "fat" spirits!

Father, Creator, Supplier of my every need! you have prepared a great feast for me in Your Word. Show me how to organize my time better so I will never again miss another "meal" with You!! Fill me up from Your Word until I run over so that I might share the blessings with others! Thank You for prepareing a table for me! In Jesus name, amen!


No comments: