Friday, January 27, 2012

Today's Devotional brought to you by prayer warrior Michelle Simpson

Psalm 103:13-14

New King James Version (NKJV)
13 As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.

The Hebrew word for pities is racham and it means to love, to love deeply, have mercy, be compassionate, have tender affection, have compassion. God remembers He formed us from the dust of the earth. He knows our coming in and going out. According to Psalm 139 He has known everything about us from before we ever lived one day. He knows and has always known every mistake we would make, every sin we would commit and still He loves us deeply. He is tender affectionate toward us and has compassion on us! He loved us so much before we were born that He gave His only Son that whosoever, that means anyone, believes in Him should not perish but have ever lasting life!

Part of the poem on the pedastal of the Statue of Liberty says, "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, "
The Herew word for dust is 'aphar and it means dust, earth, ashes, rubbish. God knows that we are the wretched refuse, homeless, tempest-tossed and poor. He knows our brokenness, our pain, our sorrows and our joys. He calls us to come to Him and cast all of our cares upon Him. Wherever you are today beloved run to Him. He is waiting with open arms to pour out His love, compassion and tender affection on you!

Father, thank You for giving my a home when I was homeless, for healing me when I was broken. Thank You for forgiving me when I sin, for making me rich in You. Thank You for finding me when I was lost, for calming me when I was anxious. Thank You for your courage when I am afraid. Help me to love You as You love me! I pray in Jesus name, amen.

No comments: