Friday, March 2, 2012

Today's Devotional brought to you by prayer warrior Michelle Simpson

Hosea 7:8

Amplified Bible (AMP)
8Ephraim mixes himself among the peoples [courting the favor of first one country, then another]; Ephraim is a cake not turned.
 
What kind of cake gets turned? A pancake! If it is not turned over one side gets done but the other side does not. So it is with our lives, if we only allow God access to certain areas of our lives. Ephraim, wanting to ensure safety, had sought treaties with one country after another. Throughout Israel's history God had instructed Israel to trust God for victory over her enemies and not to make treaties. Ephraim professed to belong to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob but put its faith in trust in treaties with its enemies. Because of the close association with her enemies, Ephraim was practicing idolatry, setting up places of worship to the Gods of their enemies. A half-baked hot cake is not good for eating and a lukewarm believer is of no use to God. According to Revelation 3:15-16 God would rather have us cold than lukewarm. We all have areas of our lives that we are afraid to turn over to God. Ask God to reveal those ares to you today. Ask Him to "turn you over" and allow Him to complete the good work He has begun in you. Surrender all of yourselg to Him today. Allow Him to transform you into the image of Christ Jesus by the renewing of your mind.
 
Father, Creator, You have begun a good work in me and promise to see it through to completion until Jesus returns or You call me home. But there are areas I have tried to hide from You and not given You access to. Forgive me Father! You already know everything about me and You still love me! There is no area of my life that is so ugly that You don't wish to clean up and make beautiful. Today I surrender all of me to You. Today I trust You to take every part of my life and turn the ashes in to beauty through Your Son Jesus! In Jesus name I pray, amen!
 
 

No comments: