Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Today's Devotonal

By Prayer Team member Bobbi Heffel

As I was spending time with the Lord this morning this song came rushing to my mind, and my heart began to soar. Lord I lift you name on high, Lord I love to sing your praises.

Lord, I lift Your name on high;
Lord, I love to sing Your praises;
I'm so glad You're in my life;
I'm so glad You came to save us.
You came from Heaven to earth;
To show the way,
From the earth to the cross,
My debt to pay,
From the cross to the grave,
From the grave to the sky;
Lord, I lift Your name on high!

VERSE
Psalm 7:17
I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high. King James Version (KJV)

PRAYER
Lord, what a pleasure it is to sing your praises! You love us so much that our minds have trouble comprehending it. And every time we think we know how much you love us, you show us yet another depth of your love. To the one who is, and was, and is to come, be all glory and honor amen!

He is still changing lives today! Check it out!
http://etools.vomusa.org/a/vomso/bg_vomso_wdbm-20120308-IranBroadcasting_443.html

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Lord, I Lift Your Name on High
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
"Lord, I Lift Your Name on High"
Song

Released 1989
Genre
Christian

Writer
Rick Founds

"Lord, I Lift Your Name on High" is a Christian worship song. Both lyrics and music were written by Rick Founds in 1989.

Founds wrote it during his morning devotion, while reading the scriptures on his computer monitor, and watching television, he plucked his guitar at the same time.

He thought of the "cycle of redemption", comparing it with the water cycle.

You came from heaven to earth, to show the way
From the earth to the cross, my debt to pay
From the cross to the grave, from the grave to the sky
Lord I lift your name on high

Founds played the song as a worship leader in his church. It was picked up by Maranatha! Music and initially recorded by the Maranatha! Singers followed by the Praise Band.

Promise Keepers used the song in English and Spanish in their drives.

Since the 1990s, it has been one of the most popular Christian songs.

In the United States Christian Copyright Licensing International (CCLI) reported Lord I Lift Your Name on High as the most popular song used in churches every year from 1997 to 2003, and since then has remained in the top ten. Currently it is the sixth most popular.[1] CCLI UK report it as the fifth most popular printed, projected or recorded song in mid 2006.[2] In Australia this song was the seventh most used song by the beginning of 2007[3]

There have been many interpretations of the song by many artists in all styles: gospel, R&B, soul, rock, dance, reggae, hip hop, rap, soca, ska, punk, a cappella amongst others and has been translated to a number of languages and recorded in a number of countries.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please continue in prayer for our Foster/Adoption Home needs and wish list
Trisha's safe travel here from TX.
Paul's travel and trip to the dessert for a mountain bike trip!
May God bring the children to us that are ready to make the best of the opportunities and the LOVE we want to give them! In Jesus name-AMEN! Thank you!! :D