Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Kristie Barton's Volunteer Testimony!


My husband, Keith Barton, and I have been together for five years. We have a daughter and son. We always believed we were close to God until we actually were! We got married and baptized at our home on the same night, Sept. 4, 2011. God sent us signs of what he wanted us to do and why. Everything changed for the better that night.


I had God-given gifts and dismissed them or ignored them throughout my life. After I really gave myself to the Lord, my gifts and blessing came on full force. It's exciting and I'm hungering for more! I don't make it to every church function, but I always make sure to keep my feet grounded in the Word, even if that means staying up late to study, journal and read my Bible. 


Even with all the blessings pouring in, we still struggled financially.  Since I wanted to stay home to raise my children, and with daycare costing more than what I could make in wages, I prayed patiently for God. I started babysitting children but when it caused negative changes in my own, I knew that was not right. My children’s well-being is more important than money. 


One morning, I came across a link to “start your own business, only $99.” Doubtful, I clicked on the link for more information, and found out the job was to be a Scentsy consultant. I love Scentsy products, but never considered selling them. I was hesitant having tried Avon in the past and lost money rather than gained. However, I didn’t have God's help in that venture, so I called the number. We only had $220 to our name, I was very cautious.


The next day I couldn't stop thinking about it! So I dove in and trusted God. I signed up, and found every other consultant to be good hearted, honest, Christian women. 


Thinking of ways to give back to God, I remembered my mother-in-law, Trisha Barton, so happy volunteering with SCwSG. She told me Diane’s inspiring story and a little about the organization. I was amazed, and wanted to help children and animals too. So, I decided to donate 10 percent of my product sales to help the foster care program.  


The same night, I awoke at 3:30 a.m. KNOWING I was to raise that amount to 15 percent, gladly giving most of my commissions to SCwSG. And God has blessed me!  I have reached level one in Scentsy's 70-day goal in just 2.5 weeks. My personal wish is to at least get to a level 2. I would not have been able to do this alone. It is only through God that it was made true! I am not far from my second goal.  I am so thankful for God's blessings in this, and I'm so happy to share my blessings with SCwSG.


If you would like to help, please find my link in the Second Chance with Saving Grace store under "fundraisers" or go directly to my site. Be sure to click on the SCwSG party link so we can keep track of how much we raise (orders over $150 get free shipping). Feel free to call my business line: 903-394-2231 if you need help or want to join the SCwSG Fundraising Team or are interested in volunteering with this outstanding organization

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Dearest Kristie,
It is wonderful to have you on the team. Thank you so much for donating so much of your commissions to the Foster Care program.
Love you,
Trisha

Unknown said...

WELCOME to the team Kristie!!!
Can't wait to see what God does through you next!!! xo
Stay Strong and VERY courageous!! AND_thank you for collecting all the donations for our home for the kids!!!
GOD BLESS U and your wonderful BIG heart!!! xoxoxox
Diane :D