Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Meet Kaden Behan ~ Teen Volunteer Extraordinaire



I stumbled upon an excellent organization, Second Chance with Saving Grace, that I now have the pleasure of volunteering with to help hurting people and animals. My name is Kaden Behan and as a volunteer for my local hospital, Jersey Shore University Medical Center, I quickly fell in love with volunteering and was inspired to seek out more opportunities. Being limited physically as to where I could volunteer, I searched for opportunities virtually using volunteermatch.org. That is where I found many outstanding possibilities with Second Chance and immediately began transforming lives using my gifts and talents several months ago. 

I discovered a loving supportive family of dedicated individuals working towards a noble cause. Initially, I designed banners, thank-you cards, fliers, and other works that involved graphic design. However, through the support and encouragement of Dr. Diane Dike (the founder and president), Mary Owen (communications team leader), and other wonderful members, I decided to become even more involved as a Second Chance advocate.

Therefore, in collaboration with my school, The Academy of Allied Health and Science, and Jersey Shore Medical Center, I have organized an event at the K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital in which students, like myself, will serve as Ambassadors of Love. As ambassadors, we will deliver Love Kits and provide comfort to the children residing in the Hospital. Through the guidance of Second Chance, I hope to experience the success of this event and plan to continue being actively involved in volunteering for this remarkable organization. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've been faithful with us for many months now Kaden!! But thank you for sharing your heart, talents and story today!! WELCOME officially to the team!
I know God has GREAT plans for you!!
Stay Strong and VERY Courageous!!!
xoxoxoxo The best is yet to be!!
Love Diane :D