Monday, September 15, 2014

DAY 2 - CRYOGLOBULINEMIA AWARENESS MONTH!


This banner is dedicated to my friend Matt Barrett. Moments ago he took his life.

With tears rolling down my face, I try to write this. Incredibly, I felt moved to finish this banner last night and post for todays awareness not knowing his plan.

I Love you Matt. I'm sorry the hardship, pain, loneliness and exhaustion made you want to go so badly. It's been a LONG fight for you. Rest now.


I've been afflicted with cryoglobulinemia, a chronic, painful and rare blood disease for 25+ years.

In the beginning, when I suffered for 3 years not knowing what was wrong with me and then my legs turned black and they were almost amputated, I wanted to give up. I couldn't imagine life getting any worse. But then, I went through a divorce and lost everything and everyone who meant the world to me.

I existed, just barely, sleeping in my car or on friends couches or floors until I ended up in the hospital. After, moving back in with my parents; God helped me begin to learn how to accept this daunting challenge. I've been leaning on Him every second of everyday since.

Please don't give up.
Thank you for caring and sharing!

Please enjoy Matt's Radio Show Interview. He was a BRAVE man. 

No comments: